Shutters Vs Blinds In Houston: Which Is Best?
When it comes to dressing your windows, there are so many options to choose from. Homeowners such as yourself often find themselves overwhelmed by the wide range of window coverings as they find it difficult to know which ones are the best for their homes. If you can’t decide whether to choose blinds or shutters, we can be of assistance. Our team at Houston Window Coverings has come up with a guide on the benefits and downsides of shutters and blinds to help you make an informed decision.
What really makes the difference between blinds and shutters is how they are fitted to the window. Shutters are usually fitted to the window frame itself to get a sturdier structure while, on the other hand, blinds are attached above or to the inside of the window recess.
- The sections can be operated individually which provides great light control and ventilation
- Come in a wide range of materials such as wood, PVC and faux wood
- Aesthetically appealing and can suit any home style
- Requires very minimal maintenance
- Good at insulation
- Childproof as they don’t need cords or chains
- Highly durable
- They are a distinctive feature that enhances the value of your home
- Installation is time-consuming
- Cumbersome, therefore, may not be ideal for some window styles
- Since they are attached to the window frame instead of the inside of the window recess, they occupy a lot of window space
- Compared to blinds, shutters are more costly
Blinds are most probably the most preferred type of window dressing. Not only are they a versatile window dressing option that is readily available, but they are also cheaper to buy. What makes blinds a more convenient and practical choice for your home is that it is easier to find good quality and reliable blinds companies than it is to find good quality shutter companies.
- You can choose blackout or insulation options which helps to enhance the conditions of your home
- You can adjust the blinds to get various levels of light and shade
- They provide a softer aesthetics as compared to shutters
- Come in various materials, hence, they are ideal for any environment, for example, PVC for bathrooms
- Wide range of styles, colors, and designs available to fit any home decor
- Blinds have to be replaced more frequently as they have a shorter lifespan
- UV rays and moisture can destroy the fabrics of some blinds
- Blinds need more maintenance and cleaning
- Compared to shutters, blinds are less robust
When deciding between shutters and blinds, there isn’t a right or wrong choice. Each of the two types of window treatments has its unique advantages that homeowners can find appealing. The final choice boils down to personal preference and the preference for one aesthetic over the other. Regardless of which option you choose, you need to invest in a high-quality product that is beautiful and long-lasting.
Here at Houston Window Coverings, we stock and supply a range of amazing blinds and shutters to fit any home. Our products are built from high-quality materials, constructed to an outstanding standard and installed by professional fitters that look to ensure that the final product is perfect. With our selection of shutters and blinds, you are guaranteed of longevity and style with every product you buy.